Creating activities and scheduling activities are done separately in Sawyer Tools. Follow the steps below to create an activity.
- Go to your Sawyer Tools portal (sawyertools.com)
- Go to the Listings tab and make sure you're in the Activities section
- Click the New Activity button to access the Create Activity form
- Give your activity a Name – your customers will see this, so make it something descriptive and clear to understand from the title. For example, if it's an art class, you might want to add in language that is familiar and easily recognizable for new parents. NOTE: You can color code your activity, which will reflect how it is viewed in the Upcoming section in tools, as well as your widget's calendar view if you have it enabled. (Learn more about the calendar widget.)
- Select a Category for your activity from the dropdown. Please note: if you're a provider that is also listed on the Sawyer Marketplace, these categories will determine which how your activity will be listed when a parent is searching. Make sure to only select categories that are applicable to each unique activity to make it clear to customers.
NEW: With the ever changing community, we have added a new category specifically for online classes. If you are a provider that is listed on our marketing, by selecting this category, parents will be able to find your options on our Online Classes page on the marketplace.
- Write a Summary. Write a description that gives your customer all the information they need to know before they register. Use the first few sentences to make a clear statement about what someone can expect when registering for this activity. For example, "This 45 minute music class will introduce world languages and drumming activities for children ages 4-6 and their families."
- Set Age or Grade parameters
- Add an Activity Photo to this activity. This step is so critical so take the time to select the right image for each unique activity. It should showcase your space, the program in action, and be bright and colorful. For example, if your activity is a dance class, the photo should show children dancing in your space. Avoid using logos or clip art whenever possible. If you need help selecting images that best reflect your programming, browse our recent blog post on using stock images for free.
- When everything looks good, click the Save & Continue button on the bottom right to create your activity
- Now that your activity is created, you can include some Optional details if they apply to your activity. These include the following:
- Whether or not Adult Participation is required
- Notes for parents like whether to bring snacks or where to put their strollers
- Notes for order confirmation emails to be included in the email receipt your customers receive automatically when they register for this activity
Now that you've created an activity, you can go to the Schedules tab to schedule it!