Coupon codes are a great option for managing promotions, scholarships, and different discount structures
Create a Coupon
- Navigate to on the Financials > Coupons
- Click New Coupon in the top right corner
- Give your coupon a Unique Code and edit the coupon restrictions
- Click Save
- Total Redemptions (Do not enter anything for unlimited) - Limits the number of times a coupon can be used in total, not just by a single customer. Example: "First 40 signups receive 10% off their order."
- Max Per Customer (zero for unlimited) - Limits the number of times a single customer can use the coupon
- Number of eligible items per order (zero for unlimited) - Coupons by default are be applied once to each activity item in the customer's cart - this is especially important to note for fixed discounts. If you would like to apply the discount to only one item in the cart, you can enter a "1" in this box to limit the discount to one item. Example: if a coupon is 20%, it will take 20% off of each unique activity item; if a coupon is $20, it will take $20 off of each unique activity item.
- First time customers only - Limits the ability to use this coupon to clients who have never registered on their own before. This will only work once per family, not per child.
- Minimum order total - Limits the ability to use this coupon to orders for which the amount paid at checkout is equal to order great than the threshold set
- Last Day to Use - If you would like the coupon to expire, enter an expiration date. Example: Early bird discounts. Coupons expire at 11:59 EST the night before the expiration date.
- Eligibility Fields - Here, you can customize your coupon to work for specific activities, locations, booking types, and memberships
Edit a Coupon
After a coupon code is created, it cannot be edited but it can be replaced with a coupon that uses the same code. To change the restrictions for a particular promo code, mark the coupon inactive and create a new coupon with the same code.
- Click the Coupon Code you want to change
- At the bottom of the page, click Make Inactive and confirm
- Click +New Coupon
- Enter the coupon code you had previously and add the coupon restrictions
- Click Save