Auto discounts are automatically applied to eligible items at the cart level. Customers will see the discounts in the cart and do not need to enter a coupon code.
Only one automatic discount can be applied per order. As the provider, you can choose in what order your automatic discounts are applied by ranking them.
The system will check if the cart qualifies for the first auto discount, if it doesn't, it will check for the second and so forth until an automatic discount does apply.
Sibling discounts and coupons will be applied to eligible items after the auto discount is applied.
How to Create an Auto Discount:
Navigate to Financials > Auto Discounts
- Click Create Discount in the top right corner or click the plus (+) button at the bottom of the page.
- Select one of two Discount Types
- Fixed Amount
- Create a Discount Name for your internal use only. You don't be able to edit this once you've saved your auto discount.
- Select Qualifying Items. These are the activities that this automatic discount will be applied to. There are two sections:
- Booking Type: Drop-Ins or Semester
- Activities Within Booking Type: Select any and all activities that you want this automatic discount to apply to. Remember, if you want this to apply to two different booking types, you'll need to create separate auto discounts.
- Schedules within Booking Type: If you have multiple locations or multiple semesters running concurrently and only want to offer auto discounts for specific schedules, you can specify that here.
- Apply uniquely per registrant toggle: By default, auto discounts apply to a user's cart. If your business wants auto discounts to apply per registrant or child, toggle this switch on. If you turn this switch on, parents booking for multiple registrants will need to add the correct number of qualifying items per student to receive the discount.
- Enter the minimum and a maximum number of qualifying items the client needs to purchase in order to receive the discounts off each eligible item.
- Here, you can tier discounts. For example, you could offer:
- Take 10% off one class
- Take 20% off two classes
- Take 30% off three or more classes
- If you select “or more” in the maximum section, this discount WILL apply to all orders over the minimum.
If the discount is greater than the price of the activity, the discount will only cover whatever is remaining. For example, if the cart qualifies for a $100 discount, but the item price is $75, then only $75 of the $100 dollars will be discounted and the total amount owed will display as $0.00 for that activity.
Buy X Get Y discounts do not stack. Only one discount can be applied. Discounts are applied in the following order:
- booking type-based (semester, camp)
Types of Discounts:
When to use: If you would like to automatically discount a fixed dollar amount
Some examples of what you can do:
- You would like to discount $50 for every $200 spent
- You would like to discount $10 if your purchase any 2 items
- You would like to discount $20 if you purchase 2 weeks of camps
When to use: If you would like to automatically discount a percentage from the total of eligible items
Some examples of what you can do:
- You would like to automatically apply a 10% discount to all qualifying items in the cart
- You would like to discount 20% if you purchase any 2 semesters
- You would like to discount 10% if you purchase any 3 camps