We’ve created an email template that you can customize for your business to kickoff the summer conversation.
Copy, paste, and edit the text below as needed with the offers that make the most sense for your business.
Keep in mind that this communication has two goals: to keep unhappy customers at a minimum and mitigate the number of refunds you will have to immediately process.
While we remain hopeful that in the coming weeks we will have a better answer about summer programming, we want to give an update and options for families to hopefully reduce some of the uncertainty as you consider your summer plans.
As of today, we have every intention of running our regularly scheduled camp programs but will continue to monitor the latest guidelines on health and safety set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as local state departments. Like most businesses, we are doing what we can to stay afloat while supporting our families and staff.
If you are a parent that needs to cancel their child’s registration due to unforeseen circumstances, we understand and will miss seeing you this summer. We will of course work with each family to offer flexible options for refunds and credits as you think through your plans.
Please note: in the event that camps are able to operate as scheduled, spots may be limited. While we will do our best to accommodate returning families, we cannot guarantee a space will be available for your child if you wish to return after cancellation.
Option 1: I need to cancel immediately
If you need to cancel immediately, here are the options available:
- 100% of the value as credit towards future services through 2021
- 80% refund immediately with the remaining 20% balance as a credit for future services through 2021.
Option 2: I am willing to wait to make my decision
If you are able to wait for an official announcement regarding the status of camp 2020, here are the options available:
- 100% credit + bonus credit value of $x towards future services through 2021
- 100% refund if you are still no longer able to attend camp regardless of whether we are able to run regularly scheduled summer programs.
Option 3: I am willing to donate my child’s camp registration fees
If you are not in need of a refund or credit, please consider donating your paid fees as a gift to our business.
All of the funds we are able to collect and retain at this time are helping to keep the company afloat and allow us to continue to pay our amazing team of educators. We can’t emphasize enough how critical this is for us, and we hope you know how much your support means in these difficult times.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in our business. We will continue to listen to the medical and public health experts and will use that information to help guide our on-going decisions about further cancellations and new virtual options as needed.
We will follow up by [XX DATE] as information continues to unfold and change daily.
[Your Name Here]